Bet365 are one of the world's leading online bookmakers, with billions wagered every year by more than 20 million players across 200 different countries.
Based in Stoke-on-Trent, bet365 offer extensive market coverage across a broad range of sports including football, horse racing, tennis, cricket, golf and more. The bet365 platform is available via desktop and mobile browsers, as well as via the downloadable app.
A number of welcome offers for new players are available, as are daily/weekly promotions across the sporting spectrum as well to keep existing customers satisfied.
Betting Offers & Promotions
Like any good bookmaker should, bet365 offer an array of bonuses, promotions and offers to help you make the most of your bankroll. Here is an overview of the pick of the bunch:
The Sign-Up Bonus
This is subject to change and live at the time of writing, but to welcome you into the bet365 family those generous sorts are happy to hand you a 100% bonus on your first deposit between £10 and £200. Happy days.
It's easy to get involved too: simply make your deposit and bet365 will email you a unique 10 digit code. When you have received this, simply drop down the Services menu, click 'Members', navigate to the 'Offers' tab at the top of the page and enter your code there. You will then be handed an immediate 100% deposit bonus.
To get your hands on your bonus cash, you will need to have bet the full amount of your qualifying deposit first. Then, to get your hands on any winnings, you need to meet three criteria: firstly, your wagers must include at least one selection at odds of 1/2 (single or multiples), you must have settled bets of up to three times your initial deposit amount, and thirdly you will need to have satisfied these requirements within 90 days of the bonus being awarded.
Unlike some bookmakers, bet365 aren't all about taking your deposit cash and then leaving you to your own devices. Oh no: they reward their loyal customers with stacks of bonuses and promotions.
These are designed to reward punters who bet week in, week out, so if you fit the bill make sure you get involved in these:
- Risk Free In-Play Bet - an industry-leading promo for existing customers. Bet an amount of up to £50 on selected football matches (usually big European ties involving English clubs) and bet365 will give you a risk-free bet of the same amount to use in-play.
- ITV Racing 4/1 - if you manage to back a winner at odds of 4/1 or greater on any televised horse race then you will be handed a risk-free bet of the same amount on the next.
- Feature Race 4/1 - back a 4/1 or greater winner on any of bet365's feature races and you will be rewarded with a risk-free bet of the same amount for the next.
- Euro Soccer Bonus - place any multiple on selected European football action and earn a bonus percentage on top of your winnings if successful. It is possible to double your money on 14-folds or greater.
- Tennis Acca Bonus - place an accumulator on mens or womens tennis action (two selections or more) and earn a bonus percentage based on the number of selections you make. Earn a whopping 50% on 12-folds or greater!
- Bore Draw Money Back - if your correct score, scorecast or half time/full time bet is scuppered by a 0-0 draw then your stake will be refunded.
Odds & Markets
Bet365 are renowned for the competitiveness of their prices. Pick any given market, on any given day, across any of the mainstream sports and you will find them best priced or certainly towards the head of the market.
It is perhaps football in which they specialise - our investigation found them to be best price in four of the ten Premier League fixtures taking place that weekend; not a bad ratio considering the amount of bookmakers that are out there.
This bookie is also a good source for your outright market bets in golf and tennis, although horse racing punters may be slightly disappointed to find that bet365's odds generally lag a fraction behind some of their competition.
The market coverage on offer is exceptional too, particularly football. On any given day, you will be able to bet on football in all four corners of the globe; at our last glance, we could wager on the Icelandic Under-19s Cup, the seventh tier of English football and even the often sadly overlooked Latvian Virsliga.
All of the markets within individual fixtures are present and correct too: Asian handicaps (not always available with UK bookmakers), scorecast/wincast/timecast, cards & corners and ten minute markets can all be plundered.
This review is fast becoming something of a bet365 love-in, but once you have taken the time to get used to the website you will soon realise why.
At first glance the homepage might look a tad busy and overwhelming, but take a moment to step back and you will soon realise its quiet genius. It has been handily split into quarters from left to right, and once you have gotten used to this you'll be on easy street.
So on the far left is your list of sports in alphabetical order, and the second quarter in from the left is a handy overview of all of the in-play sports and markets that are in progress. The third outlines the big features that are coming up from the worlds of football, horse racing, tennis and beyond, while the fourth quarter is simply information regarding promotions, bonuses etc. Oh, and your betslip....don't forget about that!
When you have clicked through to a specific event you'll also be happy to know that it is a piece of cake to find your preferred market using the intuitive tabs at the top of the screen, and while there is an absence of a search function we are confident this won't hinder your user experience.
The site is nice and quick to load pages and there is minimal delay when odds are updated as you are attempting to place your bets. Happily, the delay across the various in-play functions is one of the shortest around too.
The website is easy to use via desktop, and with a nicely scaled-down version for mobile browsers you don't need to worry about your sausage fingers placing a tenner on Aston Villa to beat Arsenal way by mistake. To take things a step further, the bet365 mobile app is readily available for Android and iOS devices and offers all of the goodness of the traditional website.
Bet365 offer more features than you can shake a stick at, and here's a quick overview of some of the stand-outs:
- In-Play Betting - The in-play offering is strong here, and it seems like no matter what time day or night it is bet365 has markets available across football, tennis, snooker, basketball, cricket, ice hockey and so much more.
- Live Streaming - The benchmark for bookmakers these days, Bet365 were one of the first to offer live streaming. For UK & Ireland horse racing, players need to wager at least 50p to have access to the coverage, while for tennis, basketball and football - even the Bundesliga and Eredivisie - the content is available to all registered players with funds in their account. A select handful of their in-play events are backed by live streaming too for the ultimate betting experience.
- Cash Out - If the chips are down with your bet - or you can't believe how well it is going, you can always cash out with bet365 to protect your profit/minimise your loss. This is available on most football markets, with singles and multiples both applicable, although not all outright bets in tennis, golf, cricket etc are covered. A safe rule of thumb is that individual 'matches' are eligible and tournaments outrights aren't. The partial cash out function is available too, which means you can take some of your stake/potential profit and leave the rest to run its course.
- Form & Stats - Studious punters already know the advantages of doing their homework prior to placing their bets, and luckily bet365 offer a comprehensive stats and form guide for numerous sports so you don't need to open up a new tab to do your research. Some of the stats here are incredible - the module is so in-depth you will struggle to find a better resource anywhere else online.
Banking, Payouts & Limits
One of the strengths of bet365 is their ability to make players feel comfortable and at home....without the need to jump through hoops to get started with their account. Here's an overview of their banking procedures:
As you might expect, all of the leading payment methods are accepted, from the major credit/debit cards such as Visa and MasterCard to e-wallet systems including PayPal, Neteller, Skrill and paysafecard. There is even the option to deposit and withdraw via bank transfer or personal cheque.
This varies depending on the method used: credit/debit cards have a £5 deposit minimum, the e-wallet systems outlined above either £5 or £10, and Bank Wire and personal cheque £100.
The minimum bet amount varies from sport to sport, although £0.10p is a good guide for football, horse racing and tennis. The actual minimum stake amount is determined by the price of your selection, and if your preferred bet amount falls below the minimum accepted then the betslip will let you know.
This once again varies from sport to sport, and it seems bet365 move the goalposts as and when they please. In some of their terms & conditions, the maximum bet amount is stipulated at £25,000. In other places, they have put in place a maximum payout of £100,000 (which means the maximum stake amount is relevant to this).
Again, this amount appears changeable. £100,000 is quoted in various places as a maximum payout, and yet you may remember back to the famous Conor Murphy case (in 2011 he won £3.2 million on the horses but bet365 capped his winnings at £1 million), so it would appear there is scope to return up to seven figures. And with the bigger football tournaments such as the World Cup and European Championships, this amount is increased to £2 million.
You may know bet365 in its present form as a purely online sportsbook, but back in the mid-2000s they actually boasted a healthy high street presence in the UK. Founded by Peter Coates in the 1970s, their passage from land-based bookie to the digital realm was overseen by his daughter Denise, who remains the majority shareholder to this day. Their bricks & mortar operation was eventually sold to Coral in 2005, and so today they remain an online-only platform; which was established as early as 2001.
And as Ray Winstone has no qualms about barking out in their TV adverts, bet365 is the largest online gambling portal on the planet. At the time of writing it still had a significant presence in the UK's very own Stoke-On-Trent, with supporting offices in Malta. This is quite a unique position, as most UK bookmakers have 'off shored' their activities to countries with a more generous tax threshold.
Available in 17 languages and 29 unique currencies around the globe, bet365 are well known in the UK for their sponsorship of their local football team, Stoke City (of whom they own an 84% stake).
They are an award-winning brand, including the much sought-after Operator of the Year and Sports Betting Operator of the Year (x3) at the EGR Awards, and have been named in eGaming Review's Annual Power 50 for five years in a row. After their profits doubled in 2013, Denise Coates set up the bet365 Foundation to help young people in the Stoke-on-Trent community.
It is easy to contact the customer support team at bet365, with phone lines, email and live chat manned 24 hours a day, seven days a week by their dedicated team.
- Freephone - 08000 288 365 or 0800 7810 365
- Normal phone - 01782 684 757
- Post - Customer Services, bet365 Hillside, Festival Way, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST1 5SH
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax - 08000 328 832 or 01782 684 792